Sunday, August 14, 2011

Welcome! and Introductions!

Instead of a lame discussion board, we're going with a blog for that "beyond the textbook" interaction. Remember...class participation (via this Blog) is 10% of your grade!

So...I have my mugshot and info about me here on the site...I wanna know about you folks! Please "comment" to this post with a photo (if you like---no pressure) and some info about yourself. Where are you from? Why are you taking this course? ...Oh yeah, and what's your favorite movie?

To make comments in the blog, you will probably have to have a gmail, yahoo, or hotmail account (I think). Let me know if you have any problems accessing or posting to the blog.

5 comments:

  1. If we are doing this on Facebook are we still required to do it on this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm James Hamilton I have lived in Asheville since the day I was born, June 18 1992. I am taking this class to work on completing my forest management technology program. I would say my favorite movies would be the Predator series, The Prestige, Equilibrium, Super Troopers, and The Emperors New Grove!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you're participating in either the blog or on Facebook, you're good. Some schools don't allow students access to facebook, which is why I have both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the semester. I live in Horse Shoe, NC and I am taking this class as well as FOR 282 as a personal challenge to conquer online courses, plus it will help me in the long run as I look to transfer to a 4 year institution for a Natural Resources Degree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone! My name is Melvin Little. I'm in my second semester at HCC going through the fish and wildlife/forestry management program. I'm originally from eastern NC but now live in Cruso. I'm returning to school after working as a Veterinarina Technician for 13 yrs, and then a Timber faller for Columbia Helicopters for the last 4 years. I'm really into fly fishing, long distance hiking, and my wife and son. Looking forward to this class.

    ReplyDelete