Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Course Tips

Here are some course management tips from a fellow student who aced the midterm. I asked them to provide some suggestions for those of you who may be struggling with the course:

 
In terms of time spent on each module, I usually do the following... 

(1) Open the quiz and read the questions.
(2) Watch all of the lectures on youtube, (sometimes I catch things that you mention in the lecture that aren't part of the powerpoint or written in the book.) 
(3) Read all of the powerpoint slides, and download them to a folder on my computer.  
(4) Read any additional reading material you've placed in the module.
(4) Answer any of the quiz questions that I may now know because of the powerpoint and lecture sequence.
(5) Start reading the book material.  (Some people read and highlight and take notes, I do not.  I feel that if I had to do that then it would just make me put off doing to work longer.  If it's a long chapter then I try to read 3-5 pages every night, if its just 10 pages I'll usually just read most of it at one time.  Some of the book material is fun to read and other parts aren't, as it is with any textbook.  I usually skim some parts more than others, unless I can't find a specific answer.)
(6) Answer any remaining quiz questions. 

I'd say that all in all this process takes about 3-4 hours, generally spread out over the course of the week.  It really all comes down to time management.

No comments:

Post a Comment